How do I get a Copy of an Iwi Management Plan?

Local authorities should hold a copy of each planning document recognised by an iwi authority and lodged with them.

Councils may make iwi management plans (IMPs) available for viewing over the counter at council offices. Some IMPs may be available electronically through the council or iwi websites. In addition, copies may be available for purchase from the relevant iwi authority or hapū. Contact details of each iwi authority and group that represents hapū for the purposes of the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA) are available from councils or at

Examples of council websites that have IMPs available electronically: