A significant benefit of e-RMA is that it delivers RMA-related information and services to the public wherever and whenever they want to access them (e.g. at home or work). Good access to RMA information and services:
- enables the public to participate in local government by being better informed
- provides a better and more available flow of information to agencies, applicants and other stakeholders
- improves efficiency by making RMA plans, policy statements and procedures more accessible
- improves accountability by making council records of RMA practices and procedures more accessible.
Access to a well developed e-RMA system also allows councils to:
- streamline their RMA consultation processes
- improve the efficiency of their RMA administration
- reduce 'face to face' enquiries and allow RMA practitioners to focus on their other responsibilities
- reduce duplication and achieve economies of scale (e.g. sharing information between organisations)
- increase productivity and improve customer service
- lower costs.